Training aids for detection dog
Do you want to train your dog on real electrical product or electronic device odor? It is now possible to train with your favorite training aid even if you don’t have access to the target material.
The odor Getxent tube provides a safe and effective way to train detection dogs in real-world conditions. These odor Getxent tubes release the selected scent accurately and continuously for up to six months, allowing for long-term training.
Getxent tubes, a patented technology of Polymer Odor Capture and Release.
Pack of 10 Getxent tubes already impregnated seven days:
- Electronics: mix of:
- Actual 6" x 6" circuit board with solid state components
- 50g Tantalum powder
- Lithium batteries: actual lithium batteries
- TPPO: pure triphenylphosphine oxide powder
- Effective for training detection dogs in real-world conditions
- Releases odor molecules accurately and continuously for up to 6 months
- Wide range of target odors available for detection dog training from imprinting to operational detection
- Patented technology based on an innovative polymer
10x Getxent tube ready to use with your target odor in it
Tube dimensions: 8x35 mm / 0.3x1.4 in.
Tube weight: 0.93 g / 0.002 lbs
Shelf life: 6 months
Shipping and delivery
For odor tubes references not in stock (inventory on the way), please allow three to four weeks for shipping.
Electronics detection dogs, also known as electronic detection canines or EDDs, are trained to detect the scent of electronic devices and components:
Airport Security: Lithium batteries are commonly used in electronic devices such as laptops, smartphones, and cameras. Detection dogs may be employed in airport security settings to identify passengers or cargo carrying lithium batteries, as there have been safety concerns related to the potential fire risk associated with damaged or malfunctioning lithium batteries.
- Cargo and Shipping Inspections: Detection dogs can be used to inspect cargo shipments and packages for the presence of lithium batteries. This is particularly important for identifying and preventing the transportation of large quantities of batteries, especially if they are not properly packaged or if there are concerns about potential hazards.
- Counterterrorism: Electronics detection dogs play a crucial role in counterterrorism efforts by assisting in the detection of explosive devices that may contain electronic components. These dogs can locate hidden electronic devices used in the construction of improvised explosive devices (IEDs) or other threats.
- Law Enforcement Operations: In law enforcement operations, electronics detection dogs are used to locate electronic devices involved in criminal activities, such as those used in cybercrime, drug trafficking, or other forms of organized crime. These dogs can help officers find hidden equipment, storage devices, or evidence related to electronic crimes.
- Search and Rescue Missions: In search and rescue operations, electronics detection dogs may be employed to locate electronic devices like cell phones or GPS devices that can assist in finding missing persons. This is particularly useful in situations where individuals may be stranded or lost in remote areas.
- Correctional Facilities: Electronics detection dogs are used in prisons and correctional facilities to locate contraband electronic devices, such as cell phones or communication devices, which inmates may use to coordinate illegal activities both inside and outside the facility.
- Cybersecurity Investigations: In the realm of cybersecurity, electronics detection dogs can be employed to assist in the physical detection of hidden hardware, storage devices, or other electronic components that may be part of a cyber threat or compromise.
- Customs and Border Control: Electronics detection dogs may be utilized at border crossings and customs checkpoints to identify hidden electronic devices associated with smuggling operations or other illicit activities. This helps authorities enforce import/export regulations and protect national security.
- Public Events Security: Electronics detection dogs may be deployed at public events, government facilities, or high-security venues to ensure that no unauthorized or potentially threatening electronic devices are present.
- Fire Investigations: Lithium batteries have been known to pose fire risks, especially when damaged or subjected to adverse conditions. Detection dogs may assist in fire investigations by identifying the presence of lithium batteries at the scene and helping investigators determine if they played a role in the incident.