GC-MS Analysis Services
Gas Chromatography coupled Mass Spectroscopy (GC-MS) analysis service is a powerful technique used to identify and quantify compounds in complex mixtures. The analysis is performed on a sample contained in a glass vial, which is injected into the GC-MS system. The vial must be clean and free of contaminants to ensure accurate results.
GC-MS analysis in glass vials has a wide range of applications in various fields such as environmental monitoring, forensic analysis, pharmaceuticals, and food science. It is used to identify and quantify volatile and semi-volatile compounds in complex mixtures, including trace amounts of impurities or contaminants. GC-MS analysis in glass vials is a highly sensitive and accurate method, making it an essential tool in research and k9 explosive detection training.
As Getxent tubes can collect, store and release faithfully the odor profile of a target odor; the analysis of impregnated Getxent tubes by GC-MS makes accessible the composition of the odor of the target material.
- Impregnated Getxent tubes are first placed in a glass vial dedicated to GC-MS.
- The tube is heated in the presence of a SPME fibre to transfer the molecules from the Getxent tube on the SPME fibre.
The SPME fibre is heated to transfer the molecules in a column that separates each molecule.
At the end of the column, each molecule is analysed by mass chromatography to identify the molecule.
Getxent team analyse the data and write the report
- Highly sensitive and accurate analysis method for identifying and quantifying compounds in complex mixtures.
- A wide range of applications in various fields such as environmental monitoring, k9 scent detection, forensic analysis, pharmaceuticals, and food science.
- Use of glass vials for sample storage, which is a clean and inert material that minimizes the risk of contamination and ensures accurate results.
- Expertise in performing GC-MS analysis, including sample preparation, instrument calibration, and data interpretation.
- Customizable services to meet the specific needs of the client, including method development, method validation, and sample analysis.
Getxent offers to analyze the odor profile of your impregnated Getxent tubes.
Your impregnated Getxent tubes will be analyzed by SPME-GC-MS and a report will be sent to your attention by email. The report will contain:
- Average chromatogram of each reference analyzed
- Name of the main molecules released by each reference
At least 3 impregnated Getxent tubes are required per odor to ensure reliable results.
GC-MS analysis is a powerful tool for diagnosis of illnesses. As the odor profile of bodies or body fluid can change when infected, it might be detected by GC-MS.
Target odors already analyzed: COVID-19 from breath, etc.
The role of GC-MS analysis is key for environmental studies as it allows to define the odor profile of endangered species or invasive species to ease their detection in nature. Combined with Getxent tubes, it has also been extensively used to establish the differences in odor profile of virus/bacteria infected plants and safe plants.
Target odors already analyzed: rare frogs, larvae of invasive insects, virus infected trees, turtle nests, etc.
GC-MS analysis is extensively used to detect the presence and the nature of explosives and narcotics in Getxent tubes. This analysis also allows to check the purity, the presence of impurities and so the origin of explosives, drugs, etc.
Target odors already analyzed: TATP, TNT, HMTD, cocaine, etc.
GC-MS analysis helps to understand processes in food & beverages industries. Indeed, it offers the possibility to compare the odor profile of different products and understand which molecules are key in odor perception.
Target odors already analyzed: beers, plant-based meat, petfood, etc.